Google what an amazing search engine

Monday, February 23, 2009

What you depend on when searching some information on the net?
All of my friend close or not, say.. Google. And I think Its make sense. Google fast, Google relevant, Google simple not a bandwidth eater.

It has been more than 7 years I'm using Google search engine. Helping me on my daily job. Also helping me to show relevant result when I'm find any information that. I though I have been using Google in efective and efficient way. 5-6 days ago, my friend of mine show some advanced trick using Google. Hmm.. seem simple but... wow.. amazing... Give us more relevant result.

Here some example,
Case 1, Number range searching.Type IPod Price $50..100And Google will show you result all related link to IPod with price range between 50..100.

Case 2, Synonym searchType ~auto usedGuess what, the result page will show you second hand car, truck and other synonym of auto.

Case 3, Currency Exchange.Type 1 USD in IDRAnd again, Google will show you the exchange rate. This remembering me, last time, when I have a plan snowboarding to Canada. I need information about Canadian currency in my country. And what I do, I just simple type Thailand currency Indonesia, and still google show me relevant page. But I still need to click the link, goes to the web page that give currency information, input the currency and amount, then calculate.

A good search engine is Fast, give a relevant result also concern with bandwidth.Not all of country have a good internet link. In my contry, Internet connection quite expensive.Some using quota based, some using time based. In my case, I'm using quota based. With google advanced search, on my last case. How many kilo byte has been saved ? I think much enough.

So.. be smart, use Google more effective and efficient. And you will save, save expensive bandwidth and save your quota also.

0 comments:

Post a Comment